Technical Support Analyst
Central Coventry – CV1 2TL
Salary range- £25k - £38k (Depending on experience)
This role will work for our newly formed Exasoft Group which incorporates: 10 Digital, F2uni, Credit U and Exasoft Plc.
About The Role
You will be the main contact in relation to IT issues for the business, dealing with in-house issues in addition to providing 1st line support to our Clients in relation to their email accounts and hosting service. Candidates should have a strong background in network administration, familiar with web technologies, able to work with major customers to develop solutions to their requirements.
- Managing the office Windows infrastructure – using Active Directory to create users, Group Policy to provide users with services and security, securely managing shares to allow users to access files, setting up VPN access, creating Exchange mailboxes
- Managing the office hardware environment – configuring new computers, installing software, fixing printers, building networks
- Managing and monitoring backups of all of the computers using Symantec Backup Exec
- Providing development support and environments to the Bit10 creative team – configuring websites in IIS, creating SQL Server databases and managing the server environment need for development.
- Establishing UAT environments where customers can test their new websites – you will be migrating the development to the UAT servers, setting up a secure environment to allow customers access
- Establishing Live environments – you will be migrating UAT sites to live servers, liaising with customers, setting up backups for the new applications
- Building both bare-metal and virtualised Windows servers for development, uat and production needs in the Bit10 office, various data centres and sometimes in customer-managed server pools.
- Creating Azure environments and services to support development and production needs
- Managing various virtualised servers using Hyper-V and XenServer
- Managing DNS hosting using Linux-based servers
- Managing and monitoring Linux-based email servers
- Handing queries from customers regarding email issues, problems with live servers etc.
- Planning the way forward in terms of recommending new hardware, proposals for hardening security, streamlining processes etc.
Essential Technical Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 2 years Systems Administration experience
- Networking & Network Security (Firewalls, VPNs, Switches, Routers, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Windows Servers
- Microsoft/Windows OS
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy
- An excellent understanding of Windows environments – Windows server versions, Windows desktop versions, Networking, IIS, SQL Server,
- Standard TCP/IP protocols: HTTP/FTP/SSH/DNS/TFTP
- Strong background of providing 1st, 2nd, 3rd line support
- Understanding of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning
- You will also be a people person and be highly organised with the ability to juggle many tasks and projects at any time.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Takes ownership of a task or problem
- Self motivated with a high level of drive and initiative
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification desirable
- Vyatta / VYOS firewall knowledge
- Linux Administration experience
- Virtualisation: Hyper-V, XenServer
- Office 365, Sharepoint configuration and deployment
- Report building and administration in SQL and SAGE (should have SQL, will learn SAGE)
- Mobile Management (administering remote assets)
- Experience managing an assets register
- Technically related Degree
- SQL Server or other relational database management experience
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Non-Contributory BUPA Healthcare (after a qualifying period)
- Flexi working times after probation
- 31 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and this increases with service
- Career Progression
Our recruitment process
This is short and managed direct by our Group HR Manager.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to come and meet the team at a short test and interview.
Please note, all successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory credit, fraud and criminal records check as part of our recruitment process.
Please email your CV and covering letter saying why you are suitable for this role to our HR Manager.